In the "we Imagine" by Paul Kingsnorth was him mainly questioning why we are so focused on ourselves when it comes to writing? And how nature is normally the backdrop, which to us is the setting. Humans are always the most important. I really like writing the part where plants might be able to communicate with each other with the roots underground and questioning whether or not plants have souls.
I have never read a story where nature was the main character, we might have a character that reacts to nature, close to nature or talks to nature but nature its self is never the front stage. So as ideas I think it would be cool if someone wrote about the Nile since that river has been there for ages, seeing the rise of Egyptian civilization and the rising and falling of power. Or even Mt. Everge that is towering over the world and been around so long, even having the name changed from a trible name to Mt. Everge.
As for my questions, I want to know how you guys think our ligature would be like if we thought of nature more? Do you think we would be as far technology wise if we did? Also if a debate sparked with plants or animals having souls came up how do you think people would react?
No comments:
Post a Comment