Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Launch Post

"Nature doesn't care if there are humans or not. I'm sorry to break this to you." Margaret Atwood.

     I just wanna say That I love Margaret Atwood. I love how she talks and thinks. Another quote from her in the interview of the forest she said, "Kill the ocean, then you die. Very simple." I love how blunt she is and doesn't care to step on some toes. I'm very happy that she is the first writer for the forest project. There are many times people say I shouldn't be so bleak and don't say such sad things. For example, if our kelp forest dies, we die. Saying I shouldn't say such dark things. I feel like when you sugarcoat things people don't take it as serious. She could have said something like "we need to take better care of our oceans" Which everyone says and everyone nods their head in agreement, then go back to their everyday life. While she says something that is like a baseball and throws it at your face, where you have to think about it. She is someone I aim to be. I hope I can become a great writer, where one day I can get an invite to write a book for this project. If we are still alive.
   While we have the forest project that is more optimistic about our future, the water library is soberer. While the water is pretty with the view it has a darker undertone there. It's the water of melting glaciers, which in a way can symbolize the dying world. Or at least showing what humans have done to it because I believe earth may still live and adapt who know what the changes will do to the life as we know it. Which sounds clique but the world has been going for billions of years and it started off as just water and cells. Maybe, the world would become all ocean again. I don't know. Like Margaret said, The world doesn't care whether there are humans or not.
   As for my questions, which one is your favorite and why? Do you have a more optimistic or pessimistic look in the future of human/earth's life? Which one do you think will have a stronger impact on human's minds to want to help nature? The forest project where they are planting trees to grow books or the water library that shows the causes of human nature now? Also, the Book Margaret Atwood, is writing is Scribbler Moon, what do you think it will be about? You can also pick other authors from the project, I just choose Margaret because she was my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment